“It’s just a t-shirt”, is something I’ve heard lots of people say. But for me, I would strongly disagree with this statement. Especially with tees becoming so versatile these days. You can dress them up, dress them down, and even use them to create layers in your look. Everybody wears tees. But, it’s time to realize this simple everyday shirt says a lot about who you are. Lets make sure your wearing the right ones…
I’m not saying there isn’t a need for a nice simple tee to either layer or use under a something, there most certainly is. However, on a hot summer day you may just want something nice and simple to wear. One of the looks I’ll be wearing lots this summer is a pair of lightweight denim and a tee. Depending on what choice I make in denim and shoes and can have a nice simple tee or opt to make a statement. So, no matter your budget I’ve selected some great ideas to add to your summer t-shirt wardrobe, enjoy!
There are a couple of trends with tees I’m really digging right now. Scoop neck tees (Alexander Wang makes awesome ones) distressed tees and tees with bright vibrant colors.
1. These tees are my simpler picks. (simple is great… just look below)
Love the Alexander Wang tees – a personal favorite
2. Next are some of the longer style tees. These are especially great for layering.
3. Want to have a ton of fun with your tee? Try one of these distressed ones.
4. Stripes | color blocking | gradients | prints – everyone needs one of these this summer
5. And finally this tee just had to make the post…. The hooded tee. My favorite is by John Elliot & Co. Lightweight, zipper sides. I’ve been layering a long sleeve shirt underneath during this cooler weather.
Hope you enjoyed my summer t-shirt guide. Always feel free to let me know what you think – Kyle